- This event has passed.
Kobe Global Charity Festival
November 19, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Come and join us for the Kobe Global Charity Festival (KGCF), a big international charity festival in Kobe on Sunday November 19th!
There will be a variety of performances, games, food, and more! Also don’t miss the chance to win amazing ruffle prizes!
CARE will be hosting the children’s activity room where you can enjoy children’s book reading, kamishibai, yoga and other fun activities for children! Also check out CARE’s booth in the NPO/NGO room to find out more about CARE.
The KGCF has been raising funds for educational projects for children in Asia for 37 years. Over the years, thousands of children and women in dire poverty and desperate circumstances around the world, have benefitted from the millions of yen collected at this event.
This year KGCF is planning to support the following groups:
1. Nepal Family & Friends Project – Supporting the education and welfare of Nepalese children in need.
2. Bokk Jambaar – Supporting children and village community projects in Senegal.
3. Kobe Shoin Japan-Cambodia Project – Supporting the education of children and higher education of young women in Cambodia.
4. Toyonaka International Friendship Association (TIFA) – Empowering women in Nepal.
5. Kobe Shinseinyujiin & Kobe Shinseijuku – Children’s home in Kobe.
6. CARE – Supporting children, working mothers and people with mental illnesses in our local community.
Looking forward to seeing you there!